Indoor Cricket is a sport that needs a lot of running, jumping, and sudden movements. To perform well, players need to have the right shoes that provide comfort, support, and stability. But with so many options available in the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the perfect pair.
In this guide, we’ll take a look at some key features to consider when buying indoor cricket shoes and recommend some of the best options for you.
Key Features to Consider
Types of Soles
The type of sole you choose will depend on the surface you will be playing on. Most indoor cricket courts have a hard, smooth surface, which requires a non-marking sole.
Here are the different types of soles you can choose from:
- Gum Sole: Gum soles are made of a soft, rubber material that provides excellent grip on indoor courts. They are also lightweight, flexible, and durable, making them a popular choice among indoor cricket players.
- Non-Marking Sole: Non-marking soles are designed to leave no marks or scuffs on the court’s surface. The shoes are made of a harder rubber material that provides good traction and durability.
- Indoor Court Sole: Indoor court soles are made of a special material that provides superior traction on indoor courts. The designers have also enhanced the shoes’ speed and agility on the court by making them lightweight and flexible.
Fit and Comfort
When it comes to indoor cricket shoes, fit and comfort are crucial. Ill-fitting shoes can cause blisters and foot pain, and even lead to injuries.
Here are some tips on how to find the perfect fit:
- Measure Your Feet: It’s essential to know your exact shoe size before buying indoor cricket shoes. Measure both feet and buy shoes that fit the larger foot.
- Try Them On: Always try on shoes before buying them. Walk around in them and make sure they are comfortable and provide adequate support.
- Consider Your Foot Type: Do you have flat feet, high arches, or overpronation? Choose shoes that accommodate your foot type.
- Allow Room for Socks: Make sure to leave enough room in the shoe to accommodate socks. Socks provide extra cushioning and can prevent blisters.
Style and Design
Indoor cricket shoes come in various styles and designs, from low-cut to high-top, and from traditional to modern. Choose a style that suits your playing style and personal preference.
Here are some popular styles:
- Low-Cut Shoes: Low-cut shoes provide maximum mobility and flexibility, making them an ideal choice for fast-moving players.
- Mid-Cut Shoes: Mid-cut shoes provide extra ankle support and stability, which is beneficial for players who need more support.
- High-Top Shoes: High-top shoes provide the most ankle support and stability, which is ideal for players who are prone to ankle injuries.
6 Best Indoor Cricket Shoes
Asics Gel Peake 5
The Asics Gel Peake 5 is a popular choice among indoor cricket players. It features a durable synthetic leather upper with mesh panels for breathability. The Gel cushioning system in the rearfoot and forefoot provides excellent shock absorption, while the Trusstic System reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining structural integrity. The shoe additionally has a removable sock liner that one can replace with a medical orthotic if needed.
“I’ve been using the Asics Gel Peake 5 for the last two years, and they’ve been a game-changer for me. They offer excellent support and cushioning and have never let me down. Highly recommended!” – Rajesh, Indoor Cricket Player
Nike Zoom HyperAce 2
The Nike Zoom HyperAce 2 is another great option for indoor cricket. It features a breathable mesh upper with synthetic overlays for added support. The shoe’s Zoom Air unit in the heel provides responsive cushioning, while the rubber outsole with a traction pattern offers excellent grip on hard surfaces. The shoe’s Flywire cables wrap around the midfoot for a secure, locked-in fit.
“The Nike Zoom HyperAce 2 is hands down the best indoor cricket shoe I’ve ever used. The cushioning is top-notch, and the grip is incredible. It feels like I’m wearing nothing at all!” – Sarah, Indoor Cricket Player
Adidas Adizero 5-Star 7.0
The Adidas Adizero 5-Star 7.0 is a lightweight and durable option for indoor cricket. It features a breathable mesh upper with reinforced overlays for added support. The shoe’s Sprintframe plate with an external heel counter provides stability and support, while the Adiwear rubber outsole offers excellent grip and durability. The shoe’s padded collar and tongue provide additional comfort.
Gray-Nicolls Velocity XP1 500 Cricket Shoes
The Gray-Nicolls Velocity XP1 500 Cricket Shoes are designed for high-performance indoor cricket. They feature a lightweight synthetic upper with a breathable mesh layer, providing superior comfort and ventilation. The shoe’s midsole, which provides excellent cushioning and shock absorption, is made of lightweight EVA foam.
The XP1 500 also features a molded TPU outsole, which provides excellent traction on indoor cricket surfaces. The shoe also comes with a reinforced toe cap, which helps to protect the foot from impact during high-speed movements.
Price: $90 – $100
Puma Evospeed 1.5 Cricket Shoes
The Puma Evospeed 1.5 Cricket Shoes are designed for speed and agility. They feature a lightweight synthetic upper with a breathable mesh layer for ventilation. The shoe’s midsole comprises EVA foam, which offers excellent cushioning and shock absorption.
The Evospeed 1.5 also features Puma’s signature EverTrack+ outsole, which provides excellent traction on indoor cricket surfaces. The shoe also comes with a reinforced toe cap, which helps to protect the foot from impact during high-speed movements.
Price: $110 – $120
Kookaburra KCS 2000 Pro Cricket Shoes
High-performance indoor cricket is the design purpose of the Kookaburra KCS 2000 Pro Cricket Shoes. They feature a lightweight synthetic upper with a breathable mesh layer for ventilation. The shoe’s midsole is made of EVA foam, which provides excellent cushioning and shock absorption.
The KCS 2000 Pro also features a durable rubber outsole, which provides excellent traction on indoor cricket surfaces. The shoe also comes with a reinforced toe cap and a padded collar and tongue for added comfort and protection.
“I’ve tried a lot of cricket shoes over the years, but the KCS 2000 Pro are the best. They are so well-designed and provide great support and cushioning. I would recommend them to any cricket player.” – Mark S
Price: $120 – $130
In conclusion, finding the perfect pair of indoor cricket shoes requires careful consideration of various factors such as the type of sole, fit and comfort, and style and design. With the right pair of shoes, players can improve their performance and avoid injuries while playing this exciting sport. When looking for a pair of indoor cricket shoes, you should consider the Asics Gel Peake 5, Nike Zoom HyperAce 2, Adidas Adizero 5-Star 7.0, Gray-Nicolls Velocity XP1 500, and Puma Evospeed 1.5 Cricket Shoes as great options.
It’s important to remember to choose shoes that fit well, provide adequate support and cushioning, and are suitable for your playing style and personal preference. With these tips in mind, you can find the perfect pair of indoor cricket shoes to help you take your game to the next level.